21 September 2008

[SIC]


When this person first emailed me in my response to a Room Wanted ad on Craigslist, she wrote in at least decent grammar. Even if this WASN'T a scam, I have major reservations about sharing my space with someone with minimal respect to basic grammar. If anyone can decipher the last sentence of this missive, I will give you a really big hug. (I'm moving to San Francisco, this is all I can afford).

Hello Roommate,

Enclosed in this mail, you will find the tenancy agreement duly
prepared by my Attorney with a copy of my international passport .I
want you to go through it carefully and then you'll get to study the
terms and condition of living in my spare flat. If everything is okay
for you, get back asap because we'll need to move on with the second
phase of the documentation and also how my attorney can confirm your
reservation.

If you agree with the terms and condition you have to sign the
contract and send it back to me so that i can sign as well and for me
to have it in my record as regards you living in my spare flat ..I
have attached a copy of my international passport to you so that you
can know your fellow flatmate whenever you are coming to your
apartment.

I really have lots of offer who are interested in my flat i but i turn
down their offer all because of you also which you are aware about it,
why am renting out the apartment is because the apartment is too big
for me not the money but i cant just allow the carzy bills to run like
that I will like you to proceed with me on the second phase so that my
Attorney can confirm your reservation and for the flat to be reserve
in your favor upon your arrival date. I really don't have much say
about the you making the reservation but i have entrust everything to
my Attorney and she made me to understand that she need to confirm,
your reservation for her to be positive sure about you so that the
flat can be reserve in your favor upon your arrival date .

Which mean i need to hear from you soon so that i can explain to my
Attorney also for her to give me a suitable response that will be in
your favor on how she will prefer you making the reservation.

I will like to come and pick you up my self at the airport if you
dont mind just send me your necessry flight arrangement detils so that
i can be there at the excat time and date..

Megan what will buy for me when you are coming to your apartment mean
as a gift ?


Here is my direct # 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Thank you and Remain Blessed..


Cheers,

(redacted).


Thus spake Megathustra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a complete SCAM! Here's a link to a forum that addresses the same letter: http://forums.gumtree.com/about114595-25.html

I hope the move is safe and enjoyable.

Megan, Meglet, Cess, 2, Pickel, or however you may know me. said...

Thanks Bryan!

Let me know when you are DJing in SF!!!