10 September 2008

Observing the Observer


After all of the trials and tribulations of The Great Existential Wild Western Roadshow...Now With Politics! 2008, after all of the countless (or, 3000) pictures taken, hours of video shot, in the midst of editing all of these things plus my moleskine-full of sentences into something one could consider to be a journalistic endeavor into the abyss of my still-adolescent mind; after years of philosophical inquiry, two days driving through a desert, 6 hours in Vegas, a week of the DNC, a week on various beaches, recreations of senior-style pictures...this is the shot I think encapsulates the entire trip.

Upon returning to the metropolis known to most as Kansas City, I realize that I really should be closer to an ocean, with my camera, Eugene (the skinny, white, hairless monster whom I love), coffee, and a well-painted green backdrop. Now if I only hadn't lost my hairdryer during those debaucherous 6 hours in Vegas, I could possibly lose the towel...but my new '47-style bangs require a bit more attention...

Please stay tuned for the more existential last legs of what will henceforth be known as The Greatest Vacation EVER 2008.


Thus spake Megathustra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loooove the color of your room! I can't wait to hear more about your "greatest vacation ever".