28 September 2008

Moments with Buñuel

Somedays I really expect to turn around and see Luis Buñuel with a handheld camera in one hand, martini in the other saying: "You are on my candid camera, beetch."

Let me explain.

Saturday: 
5 am Wake up, begin preparing, alone, for my yard sale later that day
7 am Buy coffee from You Say Tomato, begin bringing all of my Gently Used Crap downstairs. Back begins to hurt
8 am Nice gentleman from the first floor apartment, who is still up from his antics from the night before, brings the rest of my Gently Used Crap downstairs. I trade him his services for a coffee table. Two young women leave his apartment shortly thereafter. You go, guy.
9 am - 1 pm Sold a bunch of my Gently Used Crap to philosophers, Cubans, and bussers. During this time, I also saw three men cut down a tree in the least logical manner possible. Good times.
1.15 pm Start taking all of my Gently Used Crap upstairs. Doug the landlord helps. Nice man
1.30 pm Dana comes over to take me to the airport. I need to pack.
2.00 pm Grab an iced tea while dropping off my vacuum to Room 39. Joel hates me.
4.00 pm Leave, and as I am boarding my plane I realize I left my hoodie at home. Good thing I forgot my razor, too. At least my legs will be warm.
4-5 (denver time) Lay over in Denver for 25 minutes. I race down to Mesa Verde for a Blue Moon, an iced tea, some chips and salsa, and two cigarettes. And the Frontier boarding guy said it couldn't be done!
5.30-7.45 (CA time) Had the greatest conversation with Philomina and Keith in our first row seats. For the entire two hours!!! Great nice people originally from Minnesota, ya nooo? Ben from Oakland approves of my Chabon selection. Goodbye hugs from the flight attendants - see you at Charlies!
8.00-8.30 BART ride. Had a great existential movie moment with a stranger in the opposite train.
9.00 Find the Mosser just as my phone battery dies.
9.00-9.30 Shower away the airplane stink
9.30 Annabelle Bistro-the hotel's bar and restaurant. Befriend Rob, who pours a GREAT Syrah. (Seriously this wine is made by Silver Oak, and it is the perfect High School Reunion wine, you know, not as vindictive as an Italian, or as mutedly snobby as a French, or as robust and welcoming as a Spanish, but just a good nose-punching pepper for when you want to feel just the slightest bit of pretention).
10.00 meet Crystal and Steve. I now have a waiting job (they introduced me to their manager at the hotel across the street).
11.00 Bed time for Megan

Thus spake Megathustra

No comments: