01 September 2008

My Life on the Road...Part Duh.

Tony G. and I arrive at my sister's (henceforth Sarah) apartment near downtown Denver after a very quick 9 hours on the road. We unpack (read: throw our shit everywhere) and proceed towards the action (little did we know the action was going to culminate the next day). The following is a pictoral record of our jaunt down the famed 16th Street Mall.

Common sight these days...they travel in packs!

Did you know that the Wells Fargo building was designed to look like the top of a cash register? I love architects with a sense of humor. It sure beats the Starbucks in the foreground.

She's a journalist. Like me! I like taking pictures of myself too (just wait, that barrage is coming)

Aw, street flags just for the Convention!

Taking a picture of Tony while he is taking a picture of the capitol building. I like to layer my shots.

Heh. Russian style all beef. (Warning, if you do not like juvenile jokes about genitalia of all sorts, please forgo reading the Vegas section of this journey...coming soon!)

This hotel looked swank and seemed like a place where one could stylishly enjoy a bottle of bubbles. This was until we saw the sign on the door advertising Jet's discriminating practices against all sorts of casual wear (not unlike the garb which we were wearing). The funny thing was their use of horrible grammar. (Please see the Bad Grammar post...coming soon).

This is my new motto: Made from 100% Good.

Pod housing on top of Seeds building! I love obvious things like this.

More journalists. Like ME!

I love light like this.

This building looks like Albania!

Curvy glass...I've seen this architectual decision before...

My favorite little taste of KC...Tony G. (He's a restauranteur...and my friend.)

Skaters. I haven't figured out the buttons on my camera that will allow me to take action shots at night, but I like the blurryness. It represents for me the beauty and speed of alternative lifestyles. (Or, this is what I tell myself because of my amateur photography skills).

This looks like something Zerb would tattoo on somebody. Really, it is just a couple of skaters making practical use of theoretical physics.

I'm off to Carmel for some sightseeing now with Jim and Jessie...I will post more later...

Coming Soon:
Broken hippies, police states, organized anarchy, Bad Grammar 2008, sleepy time with Sarah, Tony and myself, lots and lots of highways, 6 hours in Vegas, several near-death experiences (my face almost exploded off), a Monterey Sunset, and more!!!

Thus spake Megathustra

1 comment:

Brian said...

It looks like you had one hellava good time.