01 September 2008

My Life on the Road...Part 1

Generally speaking, I don't get out much. My social life consists of living vicariously through the couples and parties that dine at the Restaurant. As much as I purport to drink, I don't all that often; my house is dry and my life is relatively dull. However, one of my goals beginning August 24th, 2008 was to blow all of this out of the water. And let me tell you, lady and gentleman* boy has this goal been realized, and I'm only half way through my trip.

So lets take a look back on the previous week, through pictures and the all-beautiful word, shall we?

I would have to admit that the chaos began a week before I ever hopped into the Mini Cooper and headed west. I had to do laundry, pack, work nearly every shift available at the Restaurant, Fed Ex cleaner copies of various manuscripts to anxious editors, find ownership to now-defunct science journals, among other things. Saturday night (the 23rd) was beautiful, I ate a wonderful ginger-scallion rice meal with Clancy and Rebecca, sipping Côte-Roti and Geverny-Chambartin on their patio whilst discussing futures, education, friendship and perceptions. I LOVE my friends.

However, this dinner turned into hours of conversation, and I still needed to get Jessica my key, clean the house, and pack. So I began the mundane chores at 1:00 am after Jessica left my house with my key, only to fall asleep at 4 am. Tony was coming by at 7.30 am to pick me up.

And he did. With a thermos of coffee. Thank f'n god.

So thus begins The Great Existential Wild Western Road Show...Now With Politics! 2008.

If this isn't a metaphor for trying to fit in, I'm not sure what is...

I'm fine with the fact people chose to discard or lose one half of a pair of shoes all along our intricate highway system. My problem, however, lies in the fact that this person deems it appropriate to use hot pink laces. It is not 1987 any more people, neon colors are not only stylistically OUT, but also quite offensive to my aging eyeballs.

Tony agrees.

Self-serve lunch meats? I'm not so sure about this restaurant concept.

My first existential shot somewhere in the middle of Kansas.

Wind power! Thanks, Kathleen!

Next up:
Pictures from my iPhoto DNC1 Event.

Stay tuned, it gets exciting...

*A note to the fact that I realize very few people read this blog.

Thus spake Megathustra

No comments: