04 July 2008

Happy Fourth of July! Here are some pictures..

Hello! For some very strange reason I woke up at 5.00 this morning. I thought to myself: "I could go back to sleep. I could continue my quest of actually reading a Russian NOT during the winter months (Anna Karenina, natch). Or I could get my ass out of bed and go take pictures of downtown." Hey that's sounds fun! And it was! 

Here are the results of my efforts (lightly photoshopped for 1. your viewing pleasure and 2. to cover up some of my amateur mistakes).


This is where I will be watching fireworks tonight. (The furthest tower). I have cool friends.

Where the sidewalk begins...

Sunrise in Kansas City! (no color correction here, btw, the sky actually turned this gorgeous pinky peach....)

Is my crossword printed yet?

"Tellin' every one he saw 'he went thatta way, boys. Tellin' everyone he saw 'he went thatta way'"

Okay. We spent nearly $300 million on this freaking bowl. The least they could do is spell check their signs.

Score one for the lazy ass.

I like light.

Somewhere in time, the 3rd grade version of myself is twittering in excitement. Now, my present self is throwing up in my mouth. Just a little bit.

See, THIS is why we spent nearly $300 million on this freaking bowl. You go, architect!

It reflects reflecting buildings!

"The steam coming out of the grates made it seem like the whole city was about to blow"

Must have been a good night.

One of Adam's commandments.

I wonder how much this would go for on ebay. It looks like Jesus, right? Or the virgin? No? Okay. Moving on.

Glass. Lots and lots of glass.

See?

That building is the tab A to the Federal Court House's slot B.

Hey! That's ME! In a $300 million mirror!

I think this is a repeat. Blogger and I were having some issues this morning.

You sure are, baby.

This is some MORE glass downtown. I'm sure glad we never get hail.

It is the shit, no?

I-70

Yeah, so this is a wrought iron dildo. How can one NOT take a picture of it?

Does the Federal Court House look like a vagina to anyone else?

Must have been a bad night.

Makeshift ashtray.

So this is what happened to my neighbor the other night during those two freak storms. I'm sure glad downtown is made of glass.

*Blush* Bad word. Almost. 

The crane: the official bird of Kansas City (credit: Dr. George Gale)

Don't turn!

"Will I see you tonight, On a downtown train?"

I guess this is my home.

They are staring at me.

The light isn't filtered as well at 6.45 am. But it'll do for these purposes.

Sometimes I just wonder what happened.

Yeah, this is a car in a second story window on Oak. There were several, and trees! There were trees in the window too! People collect the weirdest things.

Is this where it went?

Vaginas have been on my mind lately! But I DID just have my annual...three cheers for a healthy uterus!


The quotes are Tom Waits...I've been listening to Rain Dogs a bit too much lately...or not enough...

Thus spake Megathustra




1 comment:

lo said...

Obey your inner third grader, go see the New Kids! You know that it will make you happier than you know how to express.