31 July 2008

Fun...with carrots.

So I eat a lot of carrots as a virtue, and because of this, I think, I had quite the successful eye appointment today. Over the past 5 years my prescription has gone from -1.75 in my right eye to -1.50. So my two peepers now are at the same scrip, which saves quite a bit in those pesky contact fees. In other news, I recently made my triumphant return to the restaurant industry at the oft-lauded, highly patroned Room 39. In addition to seeing my daily ninja (I will try to grab a picture, this guy is awesome, he walks around dressed as a ninja while god-blessing everyone in his path - Midtown's version of Wavin' Dave, I think), one of our chef-lings, Craig, has grown some carrots. For reasons about which I'm trying to turn into a short story, I thought these carrots looked like...well, something else. I hope you enjoy.




Jessica thinks this one looks like a boot. That wasn't my first thought.


I think they have creams for this.

I think Craig will notice when I return the carrots tomorrow, but I ate this one, it was damn good. Yay for local gardening!





"Er. Um. I think, er, somethin's wrong..um...here. Backwards. Er." (Reno 911)


If only my ass looked this good.

Thus spake Megathustra

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Ooh... dirty sexy carrots!

We haven't been to Room 39 in a while, but now we might have to make another visit. I love their burssels sprouts... mmmmmmmm.