12 April 2008

North Carolina

I have been creating random pictures of my recent travels. First, lets head off to North Carolina, where the wine flowed, it definitely did not ebb, where I learned to drink like a grad student, met some awesome people, and finally realized: analytic philosophy is not something I want to do. (Not that it was anything I have ever seriously entertained, of course) But there are beautiful and wonderful and smart, fantastic people who bide their time learning such things, so my heart is content to pursue more aesthetic, and perhaps less practical, ventures.

Case in point: WINE:


One very important thing I learned (other than I need to figure out how to flip pictures with my new software...forgive me and don't mention it: I know I'm an idiot technically). But the one very important thing is that I can make friends in dive bars very easily. Maybe it is the gin, maybe it is the proletarian nature of existence, maybe it is the dim lights. Either way, I met some great regulars and bartenders at Linda's on Franklin. Don't let the pinkish sign fool you: this place is totally hardcore (and they just knew to pour me an unsweetened iced tea rather than the local sweeter favorite. I fell in love, just a little bit)



Apparently, in Chapel Hill, there is a predilection towards dumping ice in the street. Ah, I will never understand the true nature of man, but I will take pictures of it.


This is a creepy walkway on campus. The flowers were just barely blooming, the green shedding just the last bit of it's winter grey. I think I like the promise of things more so than actual delivery.


And finally, here is a metaphor for something if I've ever seen one. You figure it out and get back to me.


Thus spake Megathustra

No comments: