17 April 2008

Adventures, And What Will Be New Once I Stop Working So F'n Much

It is nearing the eve of my long planned trip to re-visit parts of my divided soul: Chrissy, Chess, and Jim. We will be, for the first time in almost 2 years, under the same roof. And no trip is complete without our token Czech, Petr, Chrissy's tour-de-force-of-nature-Europe-yes-as-in-Final-Countdown-Europe-loving husband. 
Oh, you '94 Latour and case upon case of bubbles, and lambsicles, and citrus pot de creme, and lavender-infused Australian Shiraz...you are all on my pretentious little food-snobbery mind.

I should be leaving today, BUT due to a decree and subsequent postponement of an event that I shouldn't mention here by the powers that be, I must wait until Friday at 6 pm. Grrr...

Included in this Adventure will be day trips to Boston to see Chrissy's brother run the Marathon, a trip to Montreal to visit Geo-the original DG, and of course his better half, TODG, a woman whose recent vehicular experiences have inspired postings of "Bobcat Crossing" signs in the Northeast. Mostly, however, we will be confined to the cabin, which is probably a good thing for society as a whole.

Stay tuned for pictures, possibly video (I will attempt to adhere to the National Rating System in determining the appropriateness in uploading any digital evidence of escapades that may or may not occur over the coming week - I don't want to have to start charging you people).

More drivel from the depths of my jaded, yet optimistic, abyss of uncertainty:

*The complete The Great European Adventure 2007: The Movie will soon arrive on the blackened page of my new expression.

*I've begun shooting a movie. Deduce for yourself whether or not I will share it here. (Well, duh!)

*Tribal Tomatoes, the ultimate sacrifice.

*I am in the process of ps'ing pictures of my cousin Jeremy's recent baseball game in Omaha. Let it be known, I'm a sports fan now. (Seriously, I watched both baseball games a few Saturdays ago, AND the final two KU basketball games - jeez, what does it all mean?)

In the meantime, here is a short clip of what could happen in Vermont. Because really, any thing that can happen, will. Right?


Or is it that anything that will happen, can?

Thus spake Megathrustra


No comments: