02 September 2008

My Life on the Road...Part Big Monday Night Riot

I had my video camera on for most of this experience, so the still shots are rather few for this post. We saw many officers headed towards the downtown Sheraton, so what do we do? We follow!


We get as close as we can to the scene.


The officers began putting on their gas masks.


They line up and shout "Move Back! Move Back!" while gesturing back with their billy clubs. They move us back. We cough as our eyes begin to water (the tear gas, you know?)


We finally are pushed back onto the 16th Street Mall as word comes to us observers that some anarchists had planned a big riot (figure out what is wrong with that last passage) as the police thwarted them with tear gas and billy clubs.

Boy, what a day! And the Convention has only just begun! I contemplate the luck I have in my opportunity to experience such things and mark the occasion with my second existential picture of the trip:

We then eat some pizza for $3 a Brooklyn slice and head home to watch Michelle Obama's speech.


See you tomorrow!



Thus spake Megathustra

No comments: